Edge Crack Detection
Cracks along the edges of a moving web can cause lengthy downtime on subsequent processes such as a coater, re-winder or re-reeler in a paper mill. An edge crack or fold-over can hangup on a slitter knife causing a blow-up which results in time consuming, costly clean-ups. When the location of every edge crack in a jumbo roll of paper is known then corrective actions can be taken by downstream operators to prevent the blow-up. Knowing when cracks are occurring on the paper machine can also provide machine operator with valuable information that will help them eliminate the source of the cracks. A Ryeco Edge Crack Detection System will eliminate all downtime in a paper line caused by edge cracks.
The Ryeco Edge Crack Detection:
- Will provide information to eliminate edge cracks at their source.
- Can reduce paper machine and winder downtime due to undetected edge cracks.
- Allows you to immediately address edge cracks that are forming instead of waiting for a winder backlog.
- When used with a Ryeco Marking System can mark front and back cracks different colors.
- Can see separated and non-separated edge cracks.
- Provides a sensor response time of 50 microseconds for small crack detection at high speeds.
- Automatic edge tracking and sheet break retraction are standard.
- Sensors can be placed at the midpoint of the machine to narrow down the source of cracks.